It’s obvious that having a baby is harder on the woman because she carries the baby and pushes it out. But what I never anticipated was how much childbirth would have changed my body afterward.
- I shed like a dog! The drain is constantly clogged because I didn’t shed for 10 months while pregnant.
- My skin is drier. I get these brown dry spots that I have to scrub off to look less like a leper.
- My breakouts are worse. I’ve been prone to acne since puberty had a seizure on my face. Since having Ben, it’s been just as bad.
- Oh the hormones! The mood swings, the stress, the resentment… woe is me (sometimes).
- The female anatomy is… different.
- Breast feeding makes me sooo hungry! I don’t know how women lose weight while breastfeeding. I’m always STARVING. Combine that with my working full-time+ and I don’t have time to lose weight.
Being a woman is not fair.